Neurolinks Limited, Dublin
|31st January 2023|
|Duration of Post
|This is a part-time position, consisting of 16 hours per week (0.4 WTE)|
|Location of Post
The position will involve providing outreach music therapy services at various locations across Dublin.
|Neurolinks provides music therapy services in its clinic space based in South Co. Dublin. It also delivers outreach programmes across the greater Dublin area.
Neurolinks specialises in providing music therapy services for people who are living with a neurological condition or a neurological difference, their caregivers and families.
|The post holder will report to the lead music therapist at Neurolinks Ltd.|
|Key Working Relationships
|The post holder will work closely with the existing music therapy team and will also work alongside other healthcare and education professionals.
In addition to this, the post holder will be required to liaise closely with carers and family members of the clients on their caseload.
|Purpose of the Role
|The post holder will provide a comprehensive music therapy service to adults and children with a wide range of needs.|
|Neurolinks is seeking an additional team member who enjoys working independently while having the support and collaboration from the existing music therapy team and other healthcare professionals.
The post holder will be an active advocate for quality music therapy services and professionalism in the field.
The post holder will be directly responsible for communication with and providing services for the clients on their caseload, including scheduling, direct therapy time, and completion of documentation.
This position allows the therapist to learn and grow with other music therapists and healthcare professionals, continuing to build skills and knowledge through active practice, while serving on a team that works together to create a positive impact on the lives of our clients and the field of music therapy. All under an established company, with a flexible schedule.
|Principal Duties||The post holder will:
· Provide assessment and appropriate individualised music therapy interventions
· Deliver music therapy interventions in the context of the client’s overarching therapy goals, working jointly and liaising with other healthcare professionals as appropriate
· Plan and deliver music therapy assessment, intervention and evaluation in accordance with professional standards
· Facilitate both individual and group music therapy sessions
· Document all assessments, therapy and intervention plans, clinical notes, relevant contacts and summaries
· Communicate results of assessments and music therapy sessions to clients, their families and other relevant members of the care team as appropriate
· Collaborate with clients, family and carers in goal setting and treatment planning
· Attend regular team meetings
· Maintain clinical activity statistics and report on clinical activity as required
· Contribute to the evaluation of the service to identify opportunities to improve quality
· Maintain professional standards of practice in accordance with IACAT code of ethics
· Comply with all relevant standards and legislation as set out at local and national level
· Engage in regular clinical supervision
· Assist in the delivery of music therapy presentations and workshops within healthcare and educational settings
· Carry out other duties as assigned by lead music therapist
The post holder may be required to perform other duties that are not listed above as appropriate to the post.
· Recognised masters level qualification in music therapy training, including appropriate clinical placements
· Eligible for membership of the Irish Association of Creative Arts Therapists (IACAT)
· Previous experience of working with adults and children living with neurological conditions
· Additional qualifications in Neurologic Music Therapy
· Engagement in postgraduate research in the field of music therapy
|Applicants will be shortlisted based on information supplied in the CV and cover letter submitted.
Applications should be accompanied by two professional referees and a cover letter setting out relevant experience and skills, and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Job Application’ as the subject line.
The closing date for submission of CVs and letter of application is Tuesday 31st January 2023.
|For all enquiries, please contact email@example.com|